Friday, December 30, 2011

Another Year is Ending

I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that at this time last year I was waiting for the results of the amnio.

We just wanted to make sure that the baby would be healthy.  And confirmation that our guts and that early ultrasound were right and it was a boy.

Our son.

I'm now a mommy.  My little boy is just over 7 months old.  He's celebrated his first Christmas and is starting to rock on his hands and knees.  I get excited and clap my hands every time I see him this way, and can't wait for the crawling.

My husband is an amazing father.  He puts his little family first, and is so proud of his son and their bond.  I still laugh some times at the things he is going through, the way he sounds like some of the mommy bloggers I've read who are stay-at-home moms and can't get a break all day.  His little spider monkey clings to him and laughs with him.  It still makes me cry at how wonderful they both are.

We've had to deal with 1 surgery to correct a cleft lip.  The bigger surgery is coming, but it will be something we'll get through.

I can honestly look back at the last year and smile at everything.  Even at the worst moments, those moments when I worried about whether I was doing the right things for my newborn, where we were dealing with my healing c-section wound, and those rare moments where James couldn't be soothed, I always knew I wasn't alone and we could do it.

In fact, it makes me want to do it all over again....

So, to 2011 I say thank you and goodbye.  It was a marvelous ride, and something that not only changed me but helped me grow.

And now, 2012, I can't wait to see what the next chapter will be about....

No comments:

Post a Comment