Thursday, March 10, 2011

28 Week Ultrasound

Yesterday we once again went to the ultrasound office and saw our baby boy.

I love to see him moving.  It honestly makes my day.  Plus the techs and doctors there recognize us, so it's easy to talk and laugh while everything is happening.

What I don't like is this stubborn streak that appears to not be letting up.

We have had every anatomy part cleared as normal except his nose and mouth.  Every.single.time. they swing the wand anywhere near where his face is, he either lifts his hand up to cover it all or he happens to have his hand IN his mouth, blocking it.

Add the umbilical cord falling in the way, and the doctor had to laugh. 

We'll be going back in 4 weeks to try again, and hoping that with the limited room he will be forced to show us what we are looking for.  But they all agreed that this child will find a way to make life difficult.

What did we learn for certain today?

His stats put him in the 93rd percentile for growth.  While I am 28 weeks as of the appointment, he is measuring 30 weeks, weighing in at 3 1/2 lbs so far.  The Colonel mentioned c-section last week, and at this point I think we will be heading that route.  But I plan to hold solid to him staying put until at least 37 weeks if not longer.  If we aren't in danger, there is no evidence of my body starting labor on its own, and things are good, then I don't see the need to pull him out a second earlier than necessary.

Now if I can just make sure the Colonel completely agrees with me we'll be all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment