Friday, February 11, 2011

C is for Clothing

Now that my uterus is officially on the rise, my jeans have been retired. Completely retired until at least this summer.

Remember the leggings I ordered?

I am in heaven! I’ve ordered a second pair, along with 2 pairs of yoga pants, and 2 tops. The yoga pants fit perfectly, and during the last ultrasound on the 9th I was so comfortable that I contemplated a nap.

At this point the only other things I may need are shorts. I’m due at the beginning of June, but Spring in VA does mean warmer weather. And I just don’t think I will be able to handle leggings if we get early heat and humidity.

Now, I have to be honest:

I love the new clothes because the fit right. As in nothing is falling. Everything moves with me.

And you can see the bump that I have never been so proud of before.

I mentioned to A that I love the change in my own mentality.

Last August, we went away for a vacation to Richmond. While there, for the first time ever, I bought souvenir t-shirts that fit. I was down enough weight to be able to do this, and they fit right, and my stomach was not an issue.

Now, these same shirts only accent the fact that it appears that I am trying to smuggle a cantaloupe under my clothes. It’s obvious I am growing a tummy, and unlike the fluff before, it’s hard and solid.

And I couldn’t be more thrilled to show off to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment