Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wandering in A Corn Maze

This last Saturday I did something for the first time:

A corn maze.

We went to a nearby orchard/farm where they have ACRES of corn and a huge maze. Well, technically 2 mazes. And we attempted the first one to see how it would go.

First off, I get tired and winded easy. Especially when A's youngest sister and cousin decided to take the lead. And preferred to cut through the corn rows rather than follow paths.

We never finished because of that. There are 5 markers to find that tell you that you are on the right path. We made it to number 3, and then seemed to be making some good time on the path, when someone went through the corn row instead of staying on the path. And this put us on a path that took us back to number 2 and by then my bladder was about done.

So we wandered out. And I got to go in a port-a-potty.

It wasn't as bad as I make it out to be. There was funnel cake to be had. And we sat in the sun and enjoyed the breeze. I also was able to watch the other families, and we all joked about how it would be A next year wearing the baby carrier as we came out to see the pumpkins and animals.

The highlight of my day came while we were sitting on a bench near a table. I was leaning back on A, and he began leaning forward and squishing me a little. I told him to be nice and his dad immediately told him to stop that because that was his grandson in there.

Everyone in the family is so ready for this baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment