Friday, October 22, 2010

Secret Pregnancy Behavior #1

I know you've heard me say it before, but I am still a plus-size girl. There is this part of me that is seriously afraid I won't look pregnant later on, and instead just look like I put all that weight back on.

Like I've told you before, I have issues.

So, it'll be another 3-4 weeks before my uterus is high enough to show above my pelvic bone and anything to be even remotely noticeable. But I have noticed something.

I am a stomach sleeper. I am making an effort to sleep on my side, mostly the left, but I still find myself most comfortable with my face mooshed into the pillow. Eventually there will be no way for this to happen, but I'm enjoying it while I can.

Each day I make sure to drink at least my 8 glasses of water, maybe a little more if I am thirsty, and even some juice in the morning. By bed time, I have peed more throughout the day than ever before, even when my diabetes wasn't being monitored, but don't feel drained.

So what is it I enjoy doing?

Once in bed, I find myself laying on my left side and slowly rolling forward on to my stomach. Down deep, near my pelvic bone, I can feel the pressure of something that doesn't give the same way that the rest of my cushioned mid-section does. It's tight enough that I can feel it supporting me in an odd way, and I go to sleep smiling.

Yes, I know it's more my bladder sitting comfortably and awaiting the opportunity to wake me in 2hours to relieve it than anything else.

But it gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment