Tuesday, October 12, 2010

125 Beats Per Minute

We saw that little heart beating away this morning and I couldn't help but giggle.

There's a baby in there and he is growing!

All the measurements line up, everything has doubled in size for the most part, and we have graduated to a regular OB/GYN. We walked across the hall, made sure that Dr. H, who actually handles high risk pregnancies, would be able to take us on, and made the appointment for 11/2.

Yes, I will be considered high risk. I'm over 35 and diabetic, so there is no denying that. And yes, I made sure to mention that to the nurse as the reason we wanted the doctor, and she went back and spoke to him.

Our family is growing.

I still have that fear that at any moment it could all be taken away from me. But I choosing to embrace what I have now, and that little heartbeat just totally made my week.

So, Internets, without further ado, I introduce you to our Bean:

1 comment:

  1. Yay, yay, yay! It's the most wonderful -- and terrifying -- thing ever :)

    ReplyDelete