Monday, January 23, 2012

Mommy Day

After a couple of days where napping was just not on his list of things to do, and daddy was getting frustrated, I declared Saturday would be his official day off.

I woke up with James, and we did everything together.  He had my undivided attention, and you could tell he was loving every minute of it.

By the time the day ended, I was thoroughly exhausted.

But in a good way.

I spend my days working from home, so I see him and hear him.  But I don't actually get to be with him the way I want to.

This may sound silly, but I miss inhaling his scent and relaxing with him on the couch.  Touching fingers, making noises, and tickling.  He is getting bigger every single day, and while I am here to witness it all, I feel like I still miss part of it.

With some of the changes happening at work I have a feeling I may need to travel West to be in the office for a couple of things in the next few months.  Thinking about that makes me nauseated.

There is no way I could leave James here.  I'd have to take him.  Which means all of us have to go because I'll need A to help.

Working from home has been such a blessing.  But at the same time, it makes it so hard to even imagine having to be apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment