Monday, January 30, 2012

Making Noise

For Christmas, James was gifted a Sophie giraffe.  Admittedly, this was his first squeaky toy.

Up until a week ago, he laughed when we made noises with her, but seemed not too interested with doing anything other than pounding her against a toy truck.

Then he discovered that he could just squeeze her and the squeak would happen.  Which meant that as he chewed on her legs, he'd squeeze her head or neck and laugh.

Seriously, I don't know who is more entertained: him or us.

Saturday evening, in the middle of a drooling/teething issue, he was sitting on my lap and decided that gnawing on my knuckles was better than anything we were providing.  As I sat there, talking to A and letting James do his thing, I realized he was exhaling.

Repeatedly.

Against my arm.

Someone realized that he was making a noise he'd only heard us make on his tummy by blowing air out on my arm.  And was just laying there, a smile showing, exhaling with his puffy cheeks, and making fart noises on mommy.

To be honest, we didn't think he was doing it on purpose.  At first.

But yesterday, as his great-grandfather held him, we heard an odd noise.  Sure enough, he had put his fist against his mouth and managed to make that noise.  But as he moved along his arm, his long sleeve was getting in his way.

It wasn't stopping him from trying.  And making a huge mess on that sleeve.

All with a goofy grin.

Internets, my son is already laughing at fart noises.  He is so our child!

No comments:

Post a Comment