Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1 Down

Okay, where did January go?

No, seriously, how did it suddenly become January 31st? 

To me, the days go faster and faster.  Work is steady and keeping me busy enough during the days. 

James is moving faster.  He can turn on his tummy, move sideways to get to things, and I swear he looks over his shoulder when moving backwards and is manuevering.  Yesterday we witnessed him moving like an inch worm: he sees something ahead of him he wants, so he get on his hands and knees, rocks back and forth, and then slides flat on his tummy.  The result is that he moves forward roughly an inch at a time.

He prefers to stand, holding on to your fingers and giggling like a mad man.  If you rock him back and forth he moves his feet, and does a forward shuffle.  If James had his way, we would sit on the floor and let him do this back and forth between us for hours.  He's gotten big, though, and it takes a toll on both of our arms and back.

The days are starting to get longer, which to me means Spring.  We still have seen no snow, so his snowsuit will go unused at this point.  But the warmer weather will mean walks and trips to a nearby park.

And his Nana visiting for his first birthday in May.

I have so much to look forward to this year, but I don't want to get to them so quickly.  I am trying to savor the time, playing with trucks and getting slobbery kisses, before they pass.

But I'm starting to think the only solution will be to locate a time turner....

No comments:

Post a Comment