Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Kitty Perspective

Our cat has always had mommy issues.

He has followed me everywhere since he was a kitten. From the kitchen to the living room to the bedroom. And most importantly the bathroom.

It was a running joke back in CA. He could be sound asleep, but if I took two steps down the hallway to use the bathroom.... Well, he'd dart past me and be sitting by the toilet waiting for me.

Even now in our little apartment, if I leave the room he is following close behind. He talks a lot more now, chatting when either of us calls for him, and getting under foot at every opportunity.

You have to understand that when I say he follows everywhere, I mean even in the dead of night he moves when I move. He sleeps with us in bed, and whenever I would get up to do anything he gets up, wanders in, and either grabs a drink of water or waits to see if I pick him up and scratch him.

I've mentioned before that even at my worst diabetic phase I never peed as much during the night as I have during this first trimester. This usually means that every two hours or so I am up, making my way to the toilet, and then back to bed.

The cat is finally sick and tired of it. And has been for a few weeks now.

He will follow me in to the bathroom on the first trip, but after that, nothing. He lifts his head, watches me in the dark, and settles back in.

I still get followed during the day, trust me. But apparently he needs his beauty sleep and it's just too much of an effort to get up and check on me in the middle of the night.

I can't wait to see what his reaction to night feedings is going to be next summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment