Friday, July 10, 2009

Sometimes I wonder about the cat....

My husband and I have some clearly defined sleeping patterns/rituals.

I get snuggled/spooned and we talk for a bit. As he gets sleepy he rolls over and I follow, curling up behind him and sleeping there. On nights when we both crash at the same time we will awake the next morning to find we have not moved.

From very early on, Shadow has slept on my head.

Take a moment there.

He wraps himself around my head, while I am sleeping, and pretty much limits my movement. I've never understood this, seeing as how his brother heads to the foot of the bed and gets comfortable there. But I got used to it, and A just shrugged it off.

A few months ago he began to sleep on a spare pillow next to my side of the bed. I could gaurantee that if I reached over in the dark I would be able to rub his head or tummy, and he always purred at the extra attention.

Until about 3 weeks ago.

As we climbed in to bed and turn out the lights, Shadow jumped in to bed and stretched out next to me. You have to picture it to get the full meaning:

I am laying on my left side, with A stretch out behind me, and arm draped over my waist under the blankets. Suddenly Shadow is laying with his head on my pillow, his back against me, stretched completely out, and purring.

When we moved into the "sleep" position, rolling on to our right sides, he didn't move. Not even a twitch.

In fact, I think he snuggled in closer to my back and began to purr on more than one night.

It makes me giggle, but I am thinking A is starting to question the cat's motives.

I just don't think Shadow knows he's a cat. And should be curled up with his brother at the foot of the bed.

If this continues I know I will be very warm come winter.....

No comments:

Post a Comment