Friday, July 24, 2009

Hoping this is the final countdown....

Last week's final appointment went spectacularly. Everything looks good on all tests, and my daily numbers are so much better than ever.

But.....

Didn't you know this was coming??

Currently I take 1 injection of insulin each night before bed. During the day I have been taking 1000 mg of Metformin twice a day along with some variation of Glipizide, normally before breakfast and dinner. The Glipizide was maxed out at 15 mg twice a day, and over the last few months I have manage to get that down to 5 mg twice a day instead. I am well on my way to weaning off the drug, and as of today I have been Glipizide free completely for a week. The goal is to keep off that, increase the insulin, and level off the blood sugar readings.

Apparently it is the 1 medication the OB/GYN says is a no-no, and the Endocrinologist agrees.

So the next follow-up is on August 25th with Endocrinology again. If she is comfortable, we move forward. If not, we wait another 6 weeks.

I am so anxious, but then I think of the importance of the health of our children. That is more important, and it's also giving us time to be together and be married. Which we need as well.

So, for now, just watching the food consumption, checking sugars, and working on exercising more regularly. I now proudly am the owner of EA Active for the Wii, and I am planning on starting the 30 day challenge on August 3rd.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment