Monday, December 31, 2012

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand SCENE!

I have spent the last 10 days not touching the lap top.  I've used my Kindle Fire HD as a way to access Facebook and Twitter.  My iPhone has been for email.

My time has been spent smothering my son with love.

2012 has been an amazing year.  My son starting talking, he crawled, stood, and walked.  He runs through the house, babbling and learning words so quickly now.  He went through his second surgery and came out of it okay.  There was some trauma, but he's overcome that, and now feeds himself and drinks out of straws.

I made a trip back to CA that helped cement for me that I really miss my family but this move was the best decision.  Working from home is the greatest thing ever, and this quiet life is something I would never trade for anything in the world.

We filed bankruptcy, bought a van, and are slowly rebuilding our credit in order to move on with our lives.  In the next 60 days we will be moving into a house, one that we intend to buy in the next 2 years ourselves.

The speech therapy people will not need to be an option.  James has learned more words, and in the end has shown us that he knows more than we thought he did.  If he brings you his wooden puzzle pieces and you identify the animal, he tries to make the noise.  Do you know how adorable it is to tell him he has a goat and he laughs, touches its face, and says "baa baa"?

He has also discovered the usage of Skype.  He played with my mother the other night, making noises with his hands and mouth, which she mimicked and applauded.  The next morning when he saw the screen he indicated his mouth to play again, waiting for me to turn it on for him to play.  We'll be spending more time with this technology now that he can interact more.

The next year is so full of possibilities.  We are on the right track now, and hopefully will be able to keep marching along.  I'd hoped to get back to CA in May, but it may be more for Halloween due to our move.

But we will get back there. 

So, to those of you who read, thank you for stopping by.  Have a safe and happy new year's eve, and i will see you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment