Friday, July 23, 2010

An Open Letter

Dear advertising unit at Apple,

First off, I want to thank you for all the fun commercials over the years. I have to admit that I was not on the iPhone bandwagon right away. But your ads helped change that, and I am currently saving to be able to upgrade to the iPhone 4 this winter.

I really cannot wait!

That being said, I understand that the face chat feature is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Especially now that I am on the other side of the country from my family. Being able to sit and talk with them like that would be amazing.

As someone struggling with infertility I do have one request:

LAY OFF THE BABY ADS!

I have to admit, the first montage showing the people signing to one another, and then the other uses for the phone, including a deployed father seeing his wife at an ultrasound was touching.

Since then, though, this seems to be the theme in stand-alone spots, and I really do hate your ads enough to turn the channel.

First there is the woman telling her husband about being pregnant.

Then the introduction of the newborn to the grandfather across the world.

There has to be other reasons to use a face chat program. ANYTHING ELSE WOULD DO!

I apologize for yelling. It's just that I don't think you realize how the ads have gone from sweet to just a flat out slap in the face.

Of course, my mood will change completely when I finally have a child of my own. I will probably buy a phone for my mother so I can chat with her and have her grandchildren chat with her and know her.

But that's besides the point.

Please find something else that people may use that feature for, okay?

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment