Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Answering Questions

My new Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) has a set of papers that new patients need to complete and bring with them to their first appointment.

Now, I need to preface this by saying that I personally have never really had something like this to fill out. Yes, first visits with doctor's always require a few pages with notes about family history. Stuff that I don't personally think they review at all because they ask you all the questions once they get you in the room and are feeling vulnerable with only a paper gown on.

So, this was new to me. The packet arrived about a week ago. I opened it, skimmed a couple of pages, and then put it back.

Last Friday was slow at work, so I decided it would be the perfect time to get it done.

I think there should be a warning about the extent of the questions that an RE needs to ask.

And I cried when I got to the page that asked, very clearly, Have You Ever Been Pregnant?

My paperwork looks like a mess. I wrote No, then Yes, then No, then settled on Yes (Chemical Pregnancy).

The next section asked for info on the pregnancy, including what happened and was the result a live birth.

Since the goal here is to be honest, I have to tell you that I stopped there and shoved it back in it's envelope. I played Bejeweled on FaceBook until my wrist was sore, and then I finished the questions.

My appointment is in 1 week. And I am actually dreading it. Mainly because I expect to be told that we have a long road ahead of us, and I am already so tired and frustrated on a daily basis with this.

I just want to get to the day when I am holding my child. I just want to get there.

For now, you all will continue to see daily reminders of what is not happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment