Friday, June 11, 2010

The Need to Walk

My last appointment with the Endocrinologist ended with her saying that if I could lose some weight my chances of being more fertile would increase.

I had gained back some weight at this last appointment, what with prepping for the move and losing track of our diet.

So, the first month we were in our new place things didn't improve. And then 3 weeks ago we started walking each day.

That lasted 8 days.

The following week there wasn't much urge to do anything. But I saw the difference.

Along with battling PCOS, I have the added challenge of trying to keep a check on my diabetes. And that week of nothing proved that if I do no go out and exercise everyday my numbers go up.

By up, I mean really up.

So this week I am back to a stable routine. Even if it's only 1 mile, I walk everyday at lunch on the treadmill. The improvement in the numbers has been amazing, even when I splurge and have noodles and biscuits for dinner. My insulin intake is back down, I feel more alert, and it makes the work day go faster.

So, add to this that I won a new toy this week and you see a plan formulating.

I weighed myself on June 1st and will do it again mid-month and then on July 1st. In the meantime, I have cleaned up our diet, will begin playing with the microscope when it arrives, and then go from there.

Yes, the additional factor of having sex is in this as well. We aren't dead, and we are enjoying having the place to ourselves.

Slowly, things are starting to take shape....

No comments:

Post a Comment