Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Marital Bliss

We spent the 3 day weekend together, completely high on the idea of having time just to ourselves.

Yes, we have a roommate, but he is so easy-going that it's never a bad thing when we are all home together. We all laugh and watch the same shows, and when we get to giggling about things it never ends. Just ask my cousin about the KFC commercial and our giggling at the word "chicken" when said just right....

I don't know why, but every long weekend this year has seemed full of things and people and rarely any time to sit and just relax. This weekend was the exact opposite of those past weekends, and I can tell we needed it.

Well, it was picture perfect until yesterday morning.

I think I've mentioned in the past that I don't suffer from normal PMS type symptoms. But the 1 or 2, such as intense cravings and mood swings, are noticeable when things are happening.

I have never been so anxious to have my monthly visitor arrive, but at the same time so overwhelmed with urges for chocolate and potato chips and french fries covered in cheese sauce.

With a side order of potstickers and chicken fried rice.

And a soda.

Never, I repeat NEVER, go to the grocery store when like this. It leads to 20 minutes of wandering, with employees looking at you weird, as you pass the bakery, sniff at the warm food in the deli, and stare longingly at the ice cream behind its big glass doors.

All with my beloved husband following me and encouraging me to get what I think I need to get through the day.

I love that man.

Especially because this was AFTER driving to Target to return something. The drive out and back was something else. I could tell my mood was swinging, seriously hitting various places on the spectrum. If you could have just seen A's face when he asked me if I was okay. Each time he asked(and there were multiple times), I would smile and reassure him it was just me feeling "off" and it wasn't him. He'd hug me and say he just wanted to make sure he hadn't done anything to upset me.

I really REALLY love that man.

When we finally arrived home, with a mini chocolate creme pie and a small roll to eat a tuna sandwich with before I made guacamole.....

Well, let's say I realized that it was that time, called the OB/GYN to leave a voice mail, and am now waiting to hear back.

Clomid, come to mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment