Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I am calling a do-over!

So, September is here. Finally. The closer we get to Autumn the happier I will be.

Why is that?

Because I do not operate well under extreme heat.

After 2+ weeks on the EA Active 30 Day Challenge I had to stop. It was that or face heat exhaustion.

You see, we are renters. Not of a normal home. We are renters of a mobile home. A large metal box with no central air. And last weekend the Bay Area was in the middle of a heat wave.

Thursday was my rest day, Friday night I worked out because there was no way I was getting up early after a nice dinner out for A's birthday, and then Saturday our house felt like....well, there was sweat in places I didn't think could sweat.

Mind you, we had Summer on Saturday, then Sunday it felt like Autumn, and Monday morning greeted me with reminders of Winter coming.

Seriously. What is wrong with our weather?

I had pretty much decided I was not doing something right at my doctor's appointment last Tuesday. I had managed to GAIN weight in the 2+ weeks I was doing this program, and the doctor agreed that what I was doing was toning. The 30 Day Challenge is really not an aerobic program, meaning I wasn't really burning fat but instead was building strength and muscle.

Yes, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it doesn't help with the other things we are trying to do. Like get healthy and conceive a baby.

So starting last night the new workout is going back to the Wii Fit and doing Step Aerobics. The goal is to continue on like the EA Active had me doing, with 2 days of exercise, 1 day of rest, and doing a minimum of 20 minutes of aerobics on the workout days. I did learn some good basic exercises with EA Active, so I will be using my small 3lb weights to do this 2-3 times a week in the hopes to work my upper body.

Oh, and after skipping exercising for 2 days my weight went down. Does this make sense to anyone?

Next time:

Doctor updates, dealing with my monthly visitor, and the next step in baby making!

No comments:

Post a Comment