Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Couldn't there be a better way?

I am being good and following doctor's orders: ovulation tests every day, roughly the same time everyday.

I even was good and read the full instruction pamphlet. So, since I never remember to do the dumb thing in the morning, I make sure that I wait four hours from the last time I pee before leaving home before using the test at work.

Part of me wants to not bother. Just bring on the next round of drugs and let's get moving already!

Especially because of the test.

Having been through this before when we first started trying, I didn't even look at the tests that involve 2 lines. Why? Because you aren't just looking for a second line. Oh no, that line has to be visible and DARKER than the base line.

I just don't want to be squinting in the bathroom, running around looking for someone to verify if they think the pink is darker, and don't mind that the stick has my urine on it....

So I paid more for 7 tests that have a digital display on it. It pretty much guarantees you cannot goof up the test, and in 3 minutes you have something on the display to look at.

If you are ovulating, it's this cute little smiley face.

If not....

Well, this is what frustrates me. Because the display shows you an open circle. Basically, it's the outline of the smiley face but with no face or mouth.

So you are faced with staring at this empty circle. Which, to someone who really wants to get pregnant, starts to look like a gaping empty uterus.

Course, this could all be my imagination....

No comments:

Post a Comment