Saturday, August 15, 2009

Yay for Rest Days!

Yesterday was day 5, and again with the upper body routine. There was a run at the begin to warm-up, and then a long one at the end to cool down.

Which still makes no senses at all, but whatever.

My thighs have stopped aching. My shoulders have given up. And I have 2 more workouts before a weigh in on the Wii. Monday will officially be day 8, and the last time I weighed myself was last Monday. If I do it daily I think I will go nuts. Everyone talks about the 2lb a day fluctuations, and I just think that would drive me over the edge.

I did set a goal on the Wii Fit to lose 10lbs in 2 months. I came SOOOOO close to my last goal on there, so I want to see if I can make this one.

Today is going to be filled with 1 chick flick (The Time Traveler's Wife), a BBQ, an homage to Huey Lewis and the News, Quentin Tarantino movies, and some fresh fruit pies. We are going to make a standard apple, which we've done several times now, but I've hunted a couple of recipes down for a peach pie and a fresh strawberry pie with a homemade glaze.

This really will be an interesting afternoon.

And yes, I am substituting sugar in all the recipes with Splenda-type stuff. If it works, I may actually share the recipes.....

1 comment:

  1. I want the "easy" apple pie recipe anyway. I know I can't make it as well as Jess can, but I would like to try and at least make it edible :-)

    I am so feeding off of your dedication. I'll get Jillian out tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete