Thursday, February 19, 2009

As long as I promise not to post too much...

I finally told A about my blog. So now I can feel ok about writing and sharing.


Well, kinda.


He said that as long as it was something I wanted to do. And as I left personal details out.
I have decided that means no discussions about sex, body parts, and secrets. I can do that. And this little story doesn’t cover any of those items, so I feel ok to share. Plus I promised my cousin a laugh.


In the on-going attempt to someday get a vacation with my husband on a cruise ship we are on a budget. That means no real extra spending unless we have discussed it in advance. Also it means I run around the house turning off lamps, opening blinds, and refusing to turn on the central heat in the house. In winter.


Our house is actually a mobile home. We live in a pretty good sized metal box. I believe the insulation is fine, we had no real issues last winter, but PG&E doesn’t bother with lube when the bill is sent out. So this winter I warned all household members that there would be no central heating. A heat dish was ordered for the living room and another smaller ceramic heater for our bedroom. Our roommate said he’d be fine in his room so not to worry about him.
Fine. No problem.


Ok, maybe one little problem.


See, the heaters work for the rooms they were purchased in. All other rooms tend to stay chilly. Not too horrible, but still cold enough that the living room has become our favorite place to all be together. And of course we don’t leave them on at night because we have warm blankets and 2 cats to help with the warmth needs.


Which leads to a conversation had in bed a couple of weekends ago. And something that has become our new favorite joke.


Somehow A managed to have gotten the day off and so we slept in on this fine Saturday morning and stayed warm. It was getting to the point though where we needed to move and have breakfast and not be sloths. That and the bladders were reaching capacity.


A: Ok, time to move. I have to go to the bathroom.
Me: Me, too. I’m gonna beat you there. Wait…maybe not. You go ahead.
A: Are you sure?
Me: Yup…..wait. Are you just running in to pee or something more.
A: Just running in and out. Why?
Me: Crap.
A: What??
Me: Well, I wanted you to go first because I was hoping you would warm the seat up for me when I go in there. But you’re a guy, so no matter what it will still be cold when I go.
A: You are seriously warped, you know that?


We of course told our roommate, who is my brother, about this exchange. He laughed at us and basically told me I was very weird.


Last weekend, after sleeping in again, I was told by my wonderful husband who was headed in to the bathroom that he was going to warm the seat for me.


That, my friends, is true love.

(originally posted 1/16/2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment