Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

We are on a pretty tight budget, as usual, and so we can't do to much in the way of helping others. What I can do, personally, is make time to donate blood.

Monday, I clocked out for lunch and made the drive to a local mall to donate. Of course I parked at one end of the mall and they were at the other, so I quickly trotted past the stores and got to my location.

As I was leaving, I realized that this mall had at LEAST a dozen trees with tags for people to take and purchase something that another family needed or wanted. We've all seen these at malls and even in some offices, and a few years back I actually took one and bought the wanted toy for the little boy who had asked.

What struck me as I was leaving was a tag on one that simply asked for some diapers. That's it. A box of diapers.

I am so thankful for the love and support our families have given us. Our son has so much, and we are still spoiled regularly by everyone. I make sure to always thank everyone when they give James something, make sure they know how much we appreciate them. We had so many diapers when he came home from the hospital, gifts from family and friends, that we didn't buy our first box until he was about 7 months old.

It's Thanksgiving. Today I am making a huge meal for the family here, and will hopefully talk to my family in CA as well. And I will always think of the fact that our son has never been left wanting for anything and it's because of all of them.

And if you can, take a tag and make someone else's life a little easier. I actually think we are going to go look for that tag I saw and make a trip to Sam's Club for a huge box.

No comments:

Post a Comment