Monday, September 17, 2012

Now There's Money On the Line!

One of the down sides to this remote working thing is not getting to participate in office stuff.  I actually miss some things, like company lunches and taking breaks with people.

My normal break buddy is more interested in my making him a pancake than any real conversation.  He has a thing about syrup, and the more that is poured on the happier he seems to be.

When I got the email about their latest office thing I replied back and asked if remote employees could participate as well.

Remember in August, when I had this amazing goal to continue to lose weight by starting the exercising thing?

Didn't happen.

I'm lazy.

I'm still at the same weight I was.

But this email gave me the final push: cash.

They've started a Biggest Loser competition, with bi-weekly weigh ins, and in December someone would be taking him money.  Originally it was to be 1 winner for most percentage of weight lost, but thanks to the generosity of the big boss, there will be 2 winners, one for the percentage, and then one for most weight lost.

Each winner takes home $250.

So now, when I would rather snooze than hit the treadmill, I think about the extra money for Christmas.

Amazing how that makes me want to move, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment