Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I Just Took A Breath

Somehow, and I don't know how, time keeps flying by.

James is learning to trust his body, and that means odd steps between pieces of furniture while he holds his hands up to steady himself and grins.  Then he reaches the other end, and he can't seem to believe it, he shuffled/lunged a whole 1/2 step, and he looks up for applause.

Work is bombarding me with so much.  Oddly, it feels good on one side, and aggravates on the other.  Especially when dealing with 1 person there in the office, but I yelled and paced and then sat and worked all day on real work.

As in not just Facebook and Twitter scanning.

It honestly felt good.

Then I saw the date and realized my baby turned 13 months old yesterday.

And I forgot his bear picture.  Which I know I could do today, but today has turned into a "mommy is in her pajamas so James is in his, too" kind of day.  Luckily A had the decency to clean up and do some laundry, so I don't feel like complete ick.  Cause complete ick is just bad, okay?

At the same time, in the middle of it all, someone crawls over, bumps my leg with his forehead, and then climbs up to stand and grin at me.

For no reason at all.

And then I take a breath, smile at him, give him kisses as he squirms away to get back to his toys, and I go back to work.

And at that moment, that exact moment, I know that time may be flying, but it's really the best time ever.  I just have to remember to take a breath and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment