Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Randomness on a Tuesday

-  My husband is officially employed.  He has orientation next week on Monday and Tuesday, and at that time we'll get more details on whether it's temporary or not and what shift and how many hours a week.  Right now those things aren't as important as the fact that he'll be working.

- Starting Monday I will have a job that requires me to clock in 40 hours a week in order to bring home a paycheck and at the same time be a SAHM to a roughly 11 month old boy.  Which wouldn't seem so daunting if it wasn't for the fact that....

- James is starting to exert his will.  He is having to learn the word "no" because it's that or be locked in a play yard all day, and he isn't wanting that.  There is no more sitting, he pulls himself to stand on anything he can lock his chubby little fingers on, regardless of stability.  I believe his father is secretly relishing being out of the house for this new phase because he isn't 100% sure on what to do with all this new movement.

- To be honest, I'm a little weary myself.  James has started letting go of things and standing still, discovering his balance, but has no interest in walking to something.  He has always done things his own way, so I'm not going to interfere, just observe and assist.

- I talked to my MIL yesterday, and we'll be doing a birthday party for James at their place next month.  Just cake and ice cream, nothing major, but with the family the size it is the only place to gather comfortably is their home.  She is as excited as me, and I cannot wait to buy little invitations!

- My son will be 1 in 5 1/2 weeks.  Where in the world has this year gone?

- I've lost almost 25lbs since January 1st without any exercise program.  This has been all purely on some basic portion control and cleaning up what we eat.  When I say cleaning up you should be aware that I haven't really cut out anything.  I've avoided cooking with anything but olive oil, unless frying, and I prefer to buy fresh veggies to eat instead of frozen ones.  Basically, it's cutting some of the processed stuff out, eating good fats more and less of the bad ones, and not skimping or starving myself.  I also make sure that if I am craving a Big Mac or Taco Bell that I get that to eat.  It's only worse if I don't, and I feel miserable until the craving is satiated.

- About 4 years ago, when maxi dresses started becoming the thing, I found one at Target that fit.  I didn't feel like it was a tent, and it made summer bearable at home with no central air.  No matter what, when I looked at my profile in the mirror, I had this littly tummy pouch showing.  Last year while pregnant, this became the comfy thing to wear at home, and my baby belly was pushing it's capacity.  Today I put it on for the first time this year and looked at myself in the mirror.  After grinning like an idiot, I ran out to the living room and A immediately noticed no tummy.  The dress hangs at it should, with a little more looseness up top from the weight loss, so I have to wear a sports bra to help and hide things.  WOOHOO!!!

- I am waiting until next month, after his surgery is done, to look for a swim suit.  Not only will this put me in something that should fit all summer, but A will have been paid and I can actually pick something and not worry about spending the extra money.

- Last week I ordered a pair of jeans from Old Navy in a size I last wore my senior year in high school.  That size was snug back then, and now it's loose.  These jeans are it until Fall, and I'll look at my size then and make a decision about what to do next.  I'm actually hoping to fit into generic denim at Walmart since it's cheaper and all I wear.

- The need for a belt is there after wearing my new jeans - which are the "skinny" jeans they have on their site - for a little while.  They don't fall, but they feel loose.  But I hate belts.  Anyone have any clue where to fine one that I would actually be comfortable in?

No comments:

Post a Comment