Thursday, April 5, 2012

An Interesting Read...

I read all types of books, but have a weakness for YA books as well.  I will be honest and tell you that if the book looks to be a smart one about witches I will try it.  So when I looked ahead and saw that Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood was coming up for the BlogHer Book Club, well, I basically stalked my own email box for the chance to sign up.

And it was sooooo worth it.

I'd never heard of the book, and dove in late one night without reading the jacket or anything else that would possible spoil it.  As expected, I was hooked, hanging on every word, and wondering how this could possibly end.  There was a little confusion on my part on what timeframe this was supposed to take place in, but once I let go of that and decided to just relax and enjoy the story, it was easy to get lost.  The story of these girls, and the women of their time, and what is happening....

Wow.

After finishing Born Wicked, I immediately went looking on Amazon for more books.  The book jacket says "The Cahill Witch Chronicles: Book 1", so I was hoping to dive into more and find out what happens next. 

But apparently the book is pretty new, and there isn't even a hint of when the next book will be out!

Yes, I am itching for more.  So for now, I will be going back for a second reading, marvel in the magic in the book, the way the girls grow even in just this one novel, and keep stalking Amazon for news of more!

Do yourself a favor and check out Born Wicked.  If you have a younger reader in your house who likes those stories of witches, they will love this as well!

Want to know more about the book?  Then join the conversation over at BlogHer's site!  Please stop by and share your thoughts with everyone and get to know the other readers from the BlogHer Book Club!

This is a sponsored review for the BlogHer Book Club. While compensation will be forthcoming for taking the time to write about the book, the opinions stated are all mine and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment