Monday, March 15, 2010

The One Where I Get Older But Don't Feel Older

Yesterday I officially turned 36.

I think I once told myself that my "scary" age was 40. But it's not really something I dread anymore.

We have a plan. My husband and I working towards something together, and it feels good to be on that track. Yes, there are some bumps along the way. But I'm not alone.

And I realized how much I am loved by those closest to me on Saturday night.

We had our house party, and it was amazing. For the first time in nearly 3 years, we all talked. No Rock Band until very late. We all just laughed and joked and talked to one another. Friends from so many different parts of my life were all there, and it was so good.

My favorite highlight: my cousin, who had had a couple of drinks, asking people who the biggest Bad Ass was - Darth Vader or Samuel L Jackson. Only in the company of these people could that lead to arguments, discussions, and actual thought on the topic from everyone.

It really was good.

I am going to miss everyone so badly. I realized that at the end of the night, when some of my oldest friends congratulated me on the move and told me how they would miss us. And also that A was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I am holding on to those thoughts and feelings this week. The IUI is Thursday, and I hope that this relaxing and loving feeling will get us through this. And then on to the next step....

No comments:

Post a Comment