Thursday, March 18, 2010

IUI #1

Have I ever mentioned that I was told by an OB/GYN in my late teens/early twenties that I have a long birth canal.

I never though this odd, but when it comes to having a speculum used on you for an exam it make a whole world of difference. A normal device is too short, so the doctor ends up twisting and turning, and I am in pain.

Apparently this isn't odd as they have a drawer with nothing but long speculum.

Which was apparently empty today, so we had to wait a little longer.

The important thing is that this is done for now.

The process itself was painless. Well, until the cramping started. But up until we left and I cramped, there was nothing to it.

My favorite part: The doctor walked in with the sample and said it was a really good sample. I immediately turned to A and said "great job honey!". He just laughed, and everyone seemed relaxed.

So, now we are waiting. She told us that we could have intercourse and all it would do is increase our chances of getting pregnant.

I did tell her that if we get a positive test at home I'd be calling to request labs. And she completely agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment