Monday, February 8, 2010

Step 1: The Closet

This Saturday marked my first official "prep" day for the move. It resulted in me cleaning out the closet of all clothes that were not needed in the next 11 weeks. Anything going to VA is in a Space Saver bag. The rest was divided into donate and trash piles.

I am officially not allowed to buy anymore clothes.

I have 6 large black trash bags of clothes in the living room for donation.

I have 3 white medium trash bags for the garbage pick up at the end of this week.

And the clothes I am keeping take up 4 Large and 2 Extra Large Space Saver bags.

Though, in my defense, I also made A go through his clothes. And I also cleared out my dresser as well. And he did his.

I think I have enough clothes left for the 2 large bags left in the box I purchased. Which leave 4 Extra Large bags for sheets, towels, and jackets.


Why mention all this?

Because I am trying not to think of ovulating this month.

I have 14 tests at home, and am waiting for Wednesday to start testing. I normally ovulate late, so I'm not worried about missing anything. I am more worried about nothing actually happening.

For my sanity, please don't mention the usual advice. After last week, if one more person tells me it will happen when the time comes or that I am still young and have plenty of time to have babies or that I have to relax because it will happen when we aren't trying so hard....

I understand all that. I really do. But every time I see it or hear it I want to burst into tears. Because it's not happening now, and I feel like a failure. And I can't handle it when I feel like I have disappointed people.

So, I am focusing on the move. Packing and minimizing. This weekend should see our bedroom almost completely packed up. Things we don't need are getting boxed early so I can start gauging the size of the moving truck we'll need.

And I am trying not to think of the kits sitting at home, waiting for me to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment