Monday, April 20, 2009

Conversations with My Cousin

I realized that promising myself I would write about things only works if I do write it down. And after a chat with my cousin today I realized I need to update where things are now, after meeting with my endocrinologist.

I honestly went in to that appointment expecting to review my history and then be prescribed insulin and leaving. We talked for an hour and in the end I need to provide more data for her. I am testing my blood sugar multiple times a day, making sure to get a reading before bed and then when I wake up to see what is happening while I sleep. Based on all this she will make a decision as to what type of insulin would work best for me, as well as for how long.

I have flooded my iPhone with free applications. I am tracking weight, carbs, diet, sugar, as well as any cycle that may or may not come up on its own during this time. I have a follow-up with endocrinology on the 30th, as well as 2 diabetic diet classes next month, and a referral to a podiatrist to have my feet checked to make sure there aren’t any problems there that need to be taken care of before I am pregnant and unable to bend over to check them.

Once I am track with this I will be back to my OB/GYN to start on making things happen. There will be hormones, I will be counting days and taking pills and then getting an ultrasound to see if it all worked. If yes, then we move on to let nature do its thing. If no then the cycle will repeat itself a month later with an increase in hormones.

There is no way to know when it will take, and then it will be a matter of maintaining healthy living so the baby develops normally and everything else goes smoothly.

My cousin immediately said she was sorry it had to start out so difficult already.

Yes, it will be a challenge. But I see A and his anxiousness to make this happen and I realize we both really want to be parents. And we are both ready to fight to make this happen and do what we have to together. He is being so supportive, and that includes making sure I eat well during the day while at work. I admit I tend to forget meals while in the office, and he is the one who reminds me to take things and find healthy snacks.

So for now I am trying to correct some bad habits. I am working on getting a routine going where I can exercise in the evenings and maybe, just maybe, get up in the mornings and do something physical, even if it’s Wii Boxing for 20 minutes.

I hope I’ll have more to report at the end of next week. I’d like to see us moving forward and pregnant by the end of the summer, but if it takes longer than it does. I just want a healthy baby and our family together to start right.

No comments:

Post a Comment