Friday, March 27, 2009

PCOS

Yesterday afternoon my doctor's office reached out to let me know the result of the 2nd blood draw and labs I had done on Thursday. I have been officially diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and have been advised to see an OB/GYN as soon as possible to begin treatment.

I've already got the appointment scheduled on the 10th of April. I need to be prepared for the possibility of having an ultrasound to check for cysts and a long discussion about my cycle and its history.

I did my reading on WebMD and am actually optimistic. It's not the end of the world, we still will be parents someday, and we have already discussed the possibility of multiples. A is so very loving and encouraging about all this, so any fears I may have had are actually almost all gone.

This also plays in to my need of organizing and scheduling. We'll know when conceptions happens, will be able to plan out everything, and also watch my diabetes and meds with the help of skilled doctors who know what we are getting in to before it all starts.

Right now the important thing is that we are still looking forward to our future. And having a family together.

No comments:

Post a Comment