Tuesday, August 24, 2010

5 weeks, 17 lbs, and 1 cycle later

The diet marches forward!

As of yesterday's weigh in, I have lost a total of 17 lbs.

The exercising has been very VERY mild, and the only real change has been to diet. I count each calorie and carb, buy low fat anything, and am starting to look for things that are low sodium as well.

With the weight loss, what the doctor's have been telling me for over a year happened: I was able to see my BBT graph show an obvious ovulation, and I am spotting today. So I am anticipating a cycle to start soon.

Would it have been nice to get pregnant?

Yes! But I am happy with my body regulating itself.

That and the fact that my insulin intake each night before bed is 1/2 the amount it was 3 months ago.

The downside: my sports bra is too big.

I am seriously not joking. It and my denim shorts are loose, with the sports bra the one thing I need to actually replace. I also am proud to report that while on vacation I was able to do something I have never been able to do for myself: buy souvenir t-shirts and wear them! Even after washing!

I have decided to invest in ovulation predictor tests this next month. I want to actually track that along with my temperature, and if not pregnant in 4 weeks go to the doctor with some hope of moving things along.

The only downside right now is timing:

My nieces graduate high school the first weekend in June of next year. We are planning to attend, but if I manage to get preggers in the next 3 months that will be subject to doctor's orders and the safety of flying at that stage of the pregnancy.

So, we're stuck in the middle. One way or another, I will see my family next year. It will be either before giving birth or after.

Time will only tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment